The contest “Trademark of the Year” is organized and developed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Moldova in cooperation with the State Agency for Intellectual Property of the Republic of Moldova since year 2003. The main objective of the contest is to identify the most successful in the field of creating and promoting trademarks on the domestic and foreign markets, thus creating a healthy competitive environment by increasing the quality of goods and services.
The contest reflects the whole life cycle of the enterprise – from production to sales and relationships with the consumer. Some of the contests objectives are:
• Establishing a positive business image of the Republic of Moldova;
• Identification and promotion of the most successful marketing strategies in creating and promoting trademarks;
• Rating of the most successful brands on the Moldovan market;
• Information support of entrepreneurship in the field of effective technologies in marketing, advertising, protection and legal protection of the trademarks;
• Effective integration of the Moldovan market into the world economic community;
• Exploring innovative aspects linked with brands creation and its promotion on the market.
Enterprises and organizations of all forms of ownership, legal entities registered in the Republic of Moldova, manufacturing products and (or) rendering services on the territory of the country are invited to participate in the contest. Participation in the contest is voluntary. The participants will compete for the big prize – “Golden Mercury”, as well as for medals of gold, silver and bronze in all 9 categories of the contest.
The Award ceremony usually takes place within the “Gala of Moldovan Business”.
The winners of the contest are granted:
– 20% discount out of the cost of the certificates of the origin of goods,
– the exclusive right to apply the contest logo GRAND PRIX, the medals of the contest on all product samples / services under this trademark,
– participation in economic missions convened abroad,
– participation in bilateral forums organized in Moldova,
– other services provided by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The name of the contest winners is published on the information pages and in the advertising catalogue, that become popular among domestic and foreign businessmen, as well as diplomatic missions accredited in Moldova. The winners of prizes are proud of using the awards in order to promote their trademarks in the market.
For further information, please contact the Department of Business Events, Exhibitions and Fairs of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Moldova, tel. (373 22) 21-07-25, 23-84-10, 21-14-42, or by e-mail: [email protected].